Scott Miller Former CEO, Hyatt
Scott Miller, Former CEO Hyatt and CEO of G100
Scott D. Miller serves as the Chief Executive Officer of G100. Mr. Miller serves as also a Special Advisor of General Atlantic, where he provides strategic counsel to GA and its portfolio companies. He served as Chief Executive Officer of Hyatt Hotels Corporation, and was Executive Vice President of Hyatt Development Corp and President of Hyatt Hotels Corporation from December 1999 to April 2003. He has been Director of QTS Realty Trust, Inc. since August 2013. He has been a Director of AXA Financial, Inc. since September 2002. He served as a Director of Armstrong World Industries, Inc. and Orbitz Inc.
Summary Notes on Advisors
- How do you work with advisors?
- It’s a question that’s very personal to the individual looking to be advised
- Some people want someone to critically evaluate parts of their business
- Others are looking more for friendship, support, and advice
- How should CEOs leverage advisors?
- The relationship should be personalized – advisor and CEO should determine if they prefer a formal or informal framework for giving and receiving advice
- Scott prefers an informal framework when serving as an advisor and describes some facets of his relationships with CEOs