Board Member – Sample Job Spec
By Lead Edge & True
This post was created in collaboration between Lead Edge Capital and True, a data-driven recruiting firm with offices across the U.S. and in Europe.
ROLE: Board Member
Include 2-3 paragraph company and/or job description
- Review, approve and monitor fundamental operating, financial and other corporate plans, strategies and objectives
- Evaluate on a regular and timely basis the qualitative and quantitative performance of the Company.
- Assure maintenance of proper accounting, financial and other appropriate controls.
- Assure adherence to proper policies of corporate conduct, including with applicable laws, regulations, business and ethical standards.
- Evaluate and take steps to improve the overall effectiveness of the Board.
- Proven experience as a CEO or Board Member of a successful SaaS/Cloud business.
- Keen understanding of operational aspects and metrics associated with scaling a successful SaaS/Cloud business.
- Reputation for operational excellence and rigor.
- Operating experience within a business that has, ideally, scaled from $200-400m.
- Track record of successfully positioning a business for growth and value creation.
- Superior interpersonal skills and strong communication abilities to compliment the existing productive board chemistry.
- Exemplify the highest standards or personal and professional integrity.
- Commitment to candid and open communication.