CFO – Sample Job Spec
By Lead Edge & True
This post was created in collaboration between Lead Edge Capital and True, a data-driven recruiting firm with offices across the U.S. and in Europe.
Include 2-3 paragraph company and/or job description
- Provide insightful and trusted counsel to the Chief Executive Officer, management team and investors on both financial and broad-based business issues related to the overall performance of the Company.
- Serve as a key member of the senior executive team in providing input to management peers regarding the financial implications of all major business decisions, as well as strategic input in shaping the Company’s business objectives.
- Establish a solid financial foundation with appropriate systems that will allow the business to grow effectively (organically and through M&A) over the next several years.
- Oversight of all Finance, Accounting, Human Resources, Administration and Legal functions.
- Success serving as the key member of the senior executive team in providing input to the CEO, Board, and management peers regarding the financial implications of all major business decisions, as well as strategic objectives.
- Recent experience as CFO or #2 at a fast growing SaaS or software company, with strong familiarity with software revenue recognition, metrics, and best practices.
- Ideally a combination of experience that includes a large, global complex company and a rapidly growing company that has scaled from $50M to $150M+.
- Diversity of experience and exposure to a wide range of complex business models.
- Application SaaS and Software industry experience required. Consumer, ecommerce and Internet experience a plus.
- Strong FP&A skillset with analytical, intellectually curious mindset.
- Business and operationally oriented.
- Raw intellect, talent and energy are critical.
- Ability to develop and implement systems, tools and processes increasing business clarity.
- Prior experience within a company that is backed by Private Equity investors is preferred but not required.
- M&A and post merger integration u experience is a plus.
- Strong communication and team building skills.
- Highly Intellectual – ability to think deeply and qualitatively about business problems, breaking down issues and presenting solutions.
- Entrepreneurial with a high level of energy, and unrelenting drive to succeed and win.
- Ability to be both a leader and hands on “doer”.
- Extremely high work ethic.
- Highly analytical and metrics driven.
- Impeccable integrity and ethical standards.