CMO/VP Marketing – Sample Job Spec
By Lead Edge & True
This post was created in collaboration between Lead Edge Capital and True, a data-driven recruiting firm with offices across the U.S. and in Europe.
ROLE: VP Marketing/CMO
Include 2-3 paragraph company and/or job description
- Define and deploy XXXXX’s WW marketing strategy including overall corporate positioning, brand architecture and product marketing strategy
- Manage branding, customer acquisition and retention
- Redefine and manage our brand strategy, core messaging and supporting materials and programs that lead to category creation
- Lead product marketing strategy & implementation for the activation of new products and product extensions
- Market new and existing strategic product enhancements, maintaining senior level relationships and driving specific initiatives
- Develop strategic marketing plans and roadmap for all marketing initiatives, programs and tests
- Implement innovative lead generation programs that drive profitability and increase market share
- Manage and coordinate all marketing, advertising and communications
- Public relations (manage on going flow of high value PR including general releases and feature article pitches, execute PR briefs, manage PR agency & overall process, act as first line of defense in reviewing / shaping content)
- A 10+ year career track with progressively responsible marketing roles – expertise in managing all facets of corporate marketing – branding, lead generation, sales support, PR, digital/social media buzz, and real world events
- Bachelor’s degree required; Master’s in Business Administration in Marketing, Communications or related degree or applicable experience preferred
- Proven track record of driving growth in customer base and business results Very strong analytical capabilities. Demonstrated ability to leverage data analytics to drive business performance
- Excellent communications skills both oral and written. Track record of working with executive management
- Solid working knowledge of the digital advertising ecosystem and existing rolodex of partners
- Extensive B2B marketing experience with deep experience and knowledge of the online media and advertising sector
- Excellent product planning and business plan development skills
- Product launch and sales skills
- Experience with financial modelling and revenue forecasting
- Intellectual curiosity, desire to learn, and passion for building a best-of-class product
- An energetic, forward-thinking and creative individual with high ethical standards and strong stature and presence.
- Experience identifying and managing key agency/creative resources – everything from PR to graphic design.
- Expertise in delivering solution-oriented sales materials and tools.
- Understanding and experience working with quantitative marketing metrics, and acquisition techniques
- Previous start-up experience a plus