VP Product – Sample Job Spec
By Lead Edge & True
This post was created in collaboration between Lead Edge Capital and True, a data-driven recruiting firm with offices across the U.S. and in Europe.
ROLE: VP Product
- Develops and continuously communicates the product vision/roadmap with 2 years perspective while managing agile deliverables on a weekly basis
- Build a product management culture that with great judgment balances product intuition, design inspiration, market insight and data validation for creating delightful experiences
- Maintain an industry-expert level of understanding and contribute to strategic conversations relating to relevant products and technology such as: presentation tools, collaboration & note taking tools, and touch & mobile displays
- Manage product managers, designer and UX, working to ensure and develop Prezi values <http://prezi.com/our-values/> and facilitate the individual’s personal and professional development.
- Ability to envision and deliver the future.
- Ability to influence and guide a cross-cultural and cross-continental team.
- Experience leading and growing a product organization covering a multitude
- of use cases and various platforms, preferably in the Visual
- Communication, Productivity and SaaS/subscription business related markets.
- An impressive intuition for the US market and perspective on how to
- develop product offerings for a global market.
- Master¹s degree in HCI, Computer Science, Engineering, or related.
- At least 3-5 years experience of leading other product managers, working
- in global startup environments.
- Strong coaching / feedback skills and values. Great communicator: 1 on 1,
- group, email.